Come and SPICE UP YOUR LIFE!!
Join us on Sunday, February 14th after the second service (around 1pm) to help support the Mexico Housebuilding team by eating some tacos and donating towards their trip fund.
A group of 17 (children, adults, and youth) are going down to the Baja California del Norte region in Mexico to partner with an organisation that builds houses for Mexican families. Gord and Carol Taylor and their family spent 6 and 1/2 years serving there, and they will be joining us to help lead the team down there. This is a pilot project to explore and see if this kind of ministry opportunity is something that Redemption Church would like to be involved with in the future.
What can you do?
- Pray for our team as we plan and prepare for our trip (March 11-March 20)
- Pray for the organisation we are partnering with (http://heartforallnations.org/)
- Pray for the family whose house we will be building
- Pray that God would go ahead of us and the Holy Spirit would make us attentive and ready to the ways that he chooses to work in and through us
- Ask God if he would like for you to contribute financially towards this project
- The base cost to build a house is $3800 US which equals approximately $5320 Cdn. We need to raise this much money.
- If we are able to raise more money than this, it will go towards team transportation and living costs while we are away. Otherwise each team member will pay for their own costs.
- You can give on Sunday mornings by putting your donation in an offering envelope and marking 'Mexico Housebuilding Project' on it. Donations are eligible for a tax receipt. You can also donate online: http://www.redemptionchurch.ca/giving/ After choosing the donation amount you will be given the option to designate your funds. Scroll down the menu and choose "Mexico Homebuilding Project."
Stay tuned for more information!
We look forward to seeing you - and eating tacos with you - on Sunday, February 14th!
For more information or if you have any questions, contact Lisl in person or via firstname.lastname@example.org.