Hey church, friends, and family!
At 3:30am on Friday, March 11, the 18-member Mexico housebuilding team is piling into 2 mini-vans and a honda civic to take on a 30 hour drive to Baja, Mexico.
We are so grateful for your prayers, your conversations, your encouragement, and the many financial contributions that have made this trip possible. From paying exorbitant amounts of money for tacos and baked goods, to loose change in the offering bucket, to very generous cheques, you have partnered with us and we couldn't go to Mexico without you. We are pleased to report to you that as of yesterday afternoon, all of our team expenses have been covered! You helped us raise over $10, 000. THANK YOU for joining with us in this exciting adventure.
Here is a rough trip itinerary if you want to pray specific travel prayers for us:
Friday, March 11 @ 3:30am - Depart Vancouver, BC and drive to Sacramento, CA. (15-16 hours of driving...in the rain)
Saturday, March 12 - Drive from Sacramento, CA to San Diego, CA (8 hours of driving)
Sunday, March 13 - Drive from San Diego, CA to Vicente Guerrero, Baja California del Norte, Mexico (5-7 hour trip depending on the border)
Monday, March 14 - Friday, March 18 - Build a house. Meet the locals. Visit missionaries, churches, and other organizations in the neighbourhood. See what the Lord has in store for us!
Saturday, March 19 - Drive from Vicente Guerrero, BCN Mexico to San Diego. Some of the team will fly home. Some of the team will take the rest of spring break to drive home.
Here are some other prayer requests. We would LOVE to be covered for the duration of our trip. Please pray:
- For health and safety on our drive down and while in Mexico. Especially for our first round of drivers who won't be getting much sleep tonight.
- For team relationships - that we would communicate and deal with conflict well. That we would grow in love for one another and for God as we travel and learn and serve in Mexico.
- For each person on our team that we would be open to whatever God has in store for us - even if it means letting go of our own agendas.
- For Heart Ministries - that God would bless them for the work that they do.
- For the family whose house we are building.
- For an all-around attentiveness to the Holy Spirit. We know that God has gone ahead of us, we just don't yet know what he's planning to do.
- For you - the community who is carrying us in prayer. That Jesus would speak to you and minister to and through you wherever you are.
- Thank God for his generous provision for us.
It's a bit cliche, but it is also very true that 'it takes a village' to send a team like this. Thank you so much for being part of the village!
With lots of love (and already excited to come back to you with our stories!)
Lisl and the Mexico Housebuilding Team