To follow our Redeemer and King Jesus in bringing his love and salvation to every person we can.
To be a church that loves others generously, graciously, and joyfully.
To make disciples who are obedient to Jesus in thought, word, and deed.
To bring the transforming and renewing power of God into the city and the world.
To join with God in bringing His Redemption, Reconciliation and Renewal to Vancouver.
Redemption: proclaiming the gospel and making disciples of Jesus
Reconciliation: loving one another as the Father has loved us
Renewal: seeing God's Kingdom come to Vancouver in the power of the Spirit
These virtues are the foundation upon which our vision will be established and realized. We hope that these virtues will be the kinds of things we say, when asked "what is our church like?"
These are also sequential in that they provide an overview of what it means to progress in maturity in Christ - of what being discipled in the way of Jesus in entails. Therefore, it is our hope and our goal that every member of our church will learn, practice and inhabit these virtues, as we grow up into all things in Christ Jesus:
1. Hospitality & Generosity: leaning to offer the grace and hospitality of Jesus through welcome, love and good deeds.
2. Participation & Covenant: learning to practice the priesthood of all believers (including children!) by equipping one another for ministry, and by become 'members of one another' in Christ.
3. Obedience & Sabbath: learning to obey all that Christ has commanded us, while learning to abide in the beauty and rest of the Spirit.
4. Mission & Renewal: learning to live as witnesses of Jesus in every context of our lives and to serve God's purpose in bringing the good, true, and beautiful in to every sphere and neighbourhood of the city, and especially among the hurting, the lost, the lonely and the poor.
These core practices are what we believe it means to be a faithful and biblical church that worships God in Spirit and in Truth:
1. Scripture: preaching, teaching, and studying the word at Sunday gatherings and Oikos.
2. Spirit: empowerment for mission, gifts, and ministry.
3. Service: serving together in community and mission.
4. Sacraments: regularly sharing communion together and baptizing new disciples.
We are affiliated with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada. Our basic statement of faith can be found in both the Nicene and Apostle's Creeds, with the word "catholic" meaning literally "worldwide" or "universal" church.
Two local Christian churches (Point Grey Community Church and UTown) began meeting together over the summer of 2012, and felt led by God to stay together as one new church. The Hollywood Theatre was graciously made available for lease by its owners, and after five weeks of hard work and tremendous community support, we opened the doors for our first service on September 16th, 2012.
Our final worship service was held November 24th, 2013. We have been deeply blessed by our time at the Hollywood, and are thankful to the owners for their generosity in making the space available to us at a fraction of market value, and we look back on an incredible year with joy and gratitude.
After 25 years as Point Grey Community Church, and 2 years as Church at/from the Hollywood, we are 'replanting' our church with a new vision and a new name.
Our vision is simple: To join with God in bringing Redemption, Reconciliation, and Renewal to Vancouver.
Our name reflects the call of the church to join with God in healing the world.
This is our passion and our great joy.
We hope you can join us in this adventure!